How To Apply
Applying for Grants
Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact the Executive Director to determine whether their proposed program falls within the foundation's area of interest in vocational education and grantmaking priorities.
Grant Application Procedures
The Foundation does not have a standard application form. Applicants should send one complete proposal to the Executive Director with the following elements:
- Brief description of the applying organization and proposed program.
- Amount of request.
- Statement that the proposal is supported by the organization's governing board.
- Name, address and telephone number of the appropriate contact person.
- Description of the purpose and need for the program and the problems it addresses.
- Program goals and objectives to be achieved.
- Description of target population and number of participants to be served.
- Outline of specific activities and timeline to achieve the program goals and objectives.
- Measurable objectives to evaluate program results.
- Names and qualifications of the key personnel who will implement the program.
- Names and principal affiliations of the officers, directors and senior staff.
- Brief history of the organization.
- Description of services, past accomplishments and capacity to execute the program.
- Detailed program budget itemized by standard accounting revenue and expense categories.
- The amount requested from the Foundation and how these funds will be used.
- List of other private and public funders approached and amounts both requested and received to date for support of the program.
- Plan to generate continued funding for the program at the end of the grant. If the request is for multi-year funding, state the reasons why more than one year of support is necessary and provide a budget for each year during which the proposed program will take place.
- Overall organizational budget covering the years during which the proposed program will take place.
- Most recent annual financial statements, preferably audited. If an audited statement is unavailable, provide unaudited financial statements of revenue and expenses and IRS Form 990.
- A copy of the organization's current IRS exemption letter.
- Any other supporting materials that would be helpful in evaluating the proposal.
The Miranda Lux Foundation accepts and reviews grant proposals on a continuing basis.
The Board of Directors meet quarterly to consider grant proposals. There is no formal deadline to submit completed proposals to the Foundation.
Submit Completed Proposal or Direct Questions To:
Kenneth J. Blum, Executive Director
Miranda Lux Foundation
57 Post Street, Suite 510
San Francisco, CA 94104